Kashif Nizam Qureshi

Leave a comment

SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflow Error Access Denied


RequestorId: 675358e8-c91d-0f3a-ebaa-d663a9a1202d. Details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 401 {“error”:{“code”:”-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException”,”message”:{“lang”:”en-US”,”value”:”Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.”}}} {“Transfer-Encoding”:[“chunked”],”X-SharePointHealthScore”:[“0″],”SPRequestGuid”:[“6359f5a3-808a-4144-ace2-0fdff207809f”],”request-id”:[“6359f5a3-808a-4144-ace2-0fdff207809f”],”X-FRAME-OPTIONS”:[“SAMEORIGIN”],”MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices”:[“″],”X-Content-Type-Options”:[“nosniff”],”X-MS-InvokeApp”:[“1; RequireReadOnly”],”Cache-Control”:[“max-age=0, private”],”Date”:[“Sun, 30 Nov 2014 08:08:36 GMT”],”Server”:[“Microsoft-IIS\/8.0″],”WWW-Authenticate”:[“NTLM”],”X-AspNet-Version”:[“4.0.30319″],”X-Powered-By”:[“ASP.NET”]} at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Resolution 1:

PS C:\Users\exceed.epm> Get-SPTimerJob “RefreshMetadataFeed” | Start-SPTimerJob

Resolution 2 (In my case it worked):

Activate site feature “Workflows can use app permissions

Site actions > Site Settings > Site features > Workflows can use app permission

Leave a comment

Site Collection Feature Activation Failed

I tried activating feature from site collection feature GUI, but threw an error. Just like a normal SP guy, I took shovel and starting digging into SP error logs. At first it was pointing to very unrelated items as given below.

Failed on try1 to load XML document at path ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Template\Features\NintexLiveAdminLinks\feature.xml': System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Template\Features\NintexLiveAdminLinks\feature.xml’.

I kept on digging harding :P deep in its core and found another stupid error saying

Getting Error Message for Exception System.Security.SecurityException: Access denied.

After googling for the solution, came to know to use powershell. I used the following comand

Enable-SPFeature “DHA EPM 2013 GRP Job” -url “http://server:123″

The Feature is not a Farm Level Feature and is not found in a Site level defined by the Url.

Without banging my head here and there, I went to feature hive “c:/prog/common/micro/web/15/feature…” and found that feature name is different as “DHA EPM 2013_Feature1″. This could be because I named it sometime back and somehow it kept this in itself. I correct the name in the command and it worked.

Leave a comment

Adding Resource Calendar Exceptions Programmatically



ResourceDataSet rds = _resourceClient.ReadResource(new Guid(resGuid));

// be sure that the resource is checked out !

if (rds.CalendarExceptions != null)
for (int i = 0; i < rds.CalendarExceptions.Rows.Count; i++)
// check row data…

// delete row if necessary
// don´t use GetChanges() method on the dataset !
_resourceClient.UpdateResources(resourceDataSet, false, false);

// Read resource data again
rds = _resourceClient.ReadResource(new Guid(resGuid));

// create new datarow
ResourceDataSet.CalendarExceptionsRow exceptionsRow = rds.CalendarExceptions.NewCalendarExceptionsRow();

// set necessary data for the new exception row here

// update the resource again
_resourceClient.UpdateResources(resourceDataSet, false, false);

// don´t forget to check in the resource

Leave a comment

Project Server 2013 Sending GeneralQueueJobFailed Error Emails

You receive the following email.

Solution: Simply release some memory from server :) Mine was taking 7+ out of 8 GB (Recommended is at least 16 GB)


Subject: Your queue job PreparePSProjectPermissionSynchronization failed. Please contact your administrator for assistance


Your PreparePSProjectPermissionSynchronization job failed. Its current state is FailedNotBlocking. It was 0% complete. It entered the queue at 06/02/2014 09:24:39.


To get more information about the job failure, please go to Project Web App. Select Personal Settings from the left menu. Then select My Queued Jobs.


The errors returned from the queue are as follows:

Error ID: 26000


Detailed error below – send it to the administrator for more detailed troubleshooting.


<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-16″?>



<class name=”Queue”>

<error id=”26000″ name=”GeneralQueueJobFailed” uid=”a5295a3b-16ea-e311-93f4-3440b5c8d286″ JobUID=”5e7d692f-16ea-e311-93f4-3440b5c8d286″ ComputerName=”f7e42ffb-822b-4c26-89d7-3887749c7b49″ GroupType=”PreparePSProjectPermissionSynchronization” MessageType=”PreparePSProjectPermissionSynchronizationMessage” MessageId=”1″ Stage=”” CorrelationUID=”62d3969c-70df-e085-c7b4-902232ca1280″ />





You can do the following:

1. Try troubleshooting using the error IDs, error XML.

2. Contact administrator with your jobID (5e7d692f-16ea-e311-93f4-3440b5c8d286) and error XML.


To turn off these notifications, go to PWA Settings, and then click Manage My Alerts and Reminders.


From this page, you can clear the check box for those notifications you no longer want to receive.


Microsoft Project Server


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.