I tried activating feature from site collection feature GUI, but threw an error. Just like a normal SP guy, I took shovel and starting digging into SP error logs. At first it was pointing to very unrelated items as given below.
“Failed on try1 to load XML document at path ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Template\Features\NintexLiveAdminLinks\feature.xml’: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Template\Features\NintexLiveAdminLinks\feature.xml’.”
I kept on digging harding 😛 deep in its core and found another stupid error saying
“Getting Error Message for Exception System.Security.SecurityException: Access denied.”
After googling for the solution, came to know to use powershell. I used the following comand
Enable-SPFeature “DHA EPM 2013 GRP Job” -url “http://server:123”
The Feature is not a Farm Level Feature and is not found in a Site level defined by the Url.
Without banging my head here and there, I went to feature hive “c:/prog/common/micro/web/15/feature…” and found that feature name is different as “DHA EPM 2013_Feature1”. This could be because I named it sometime back and somehow it kept this in itself. I correct the name in the command and it worked.