On App Server do the following and for WFE servers you need to just install RS Add-ins
1. Run the media of SQL Server 2012 SP1 (if media is old you might end up with errors as given below), select the following features next next next…
Note: In my case, “Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint Products” feature got failed. Restarted the installation select this feature again and it worked. What else I did is ran Windows updates.
2. Now you’ll be able to create SSRS Service application
3. Click on System Settings (if you can access this page, means you’re good to proceed)
4. Create document library and add SSRS content types.
That’s it now you can create SSRS reports in integrated mode.
WFE Server – didn’t work on this. [Updates] You just need to install ‘Reporting Service Add-in for SharePoint Products’ on WFE.
1. Run SQL Setup
2. SQL Server Feature Installation
Reporting Services Reporting Service Add-in for SharePoint Products
next next next …. restart
check SSRS service application in Cetnral Admin and it wasn’t there.
You won’t find yet because we need to do add RS-SP on App server.
Redid the above steps on App server where central admin was there 🙂 ….bad luck didn’t even work here. That means, it was related to SQL Server 2012 SP1. [Updates] This time you need to select the following services
Reporting Service SharePoint
Reporting Service Add-in for SharePoint Products
3. Installed SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2
4. Re-open all windows or better restart server
5. If you won’t see SSRS service app, you need to register first (point 6)
6. Re-open sp powershell and type following and enter
7. now you’ll be able to create SSRS Service application
8. Click on System Settings ( If 503 error occurs … Just run SQL server service under services in server)
9. Click on System Settings
Sorry, something went wrong
The feature: “Windows SharePoint Services integration” is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.OperationNotSupportedException: The feature: “Windows SharePoint Services integration” is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
10. after long search, I was able to fix it by upgrading SQL. Run the SQL 2012 setup, select Maintenance from left pane and click of Edition Upgrade option. Follow the screens and close setup. Once that was done, I went to “Services on Server” in Central Admin and stopped and start “SQL Server Reporting Services Service”.
Note: May be in your case you have to uninstall SQL 2012 and perform the above steps. Thanks to Qiuyun Yu for navigating me to right direction.